Our course will teach students with little or no commercial driving experience will be able to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License. Students who do not already have a valid Commercial Driver’s License Learner’s Permit will be prepared for that exam. At the end of the course, students will take a Class “A” License road test administered by the California’s DMV. The program includes classroom instruction, hands-on labs and independent study, and substantial behind-the-wheel driving time on a practice range and public roads.
What you'll learn
- Introduction, Control and Vehicle Systems, Pre-Trip Vehicle Inspection
- Coupling and Uncoupling, Preventive Maintenance, Refrigeration
- Accident Procedures, Extreme Driving Conditions, Hours of Service
- Special Rigs, Personal Health and Safety, Public and Employer Relations, CSA
- Basic Control, Hands On visual, Communication, Shifting, Backing, Rail Road Crossing
- Night Driving, Speed Management, Space Management, Hazard Perception, Emergency Maneuvers, Skid Control and Recovery
- Must be 18 and over
- Have a valid motor vehicle record (MVR)
- Have no current MVR convictions of driving under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs
- Good driving record
- Obtain a Ten Year DVN Printout – ($5.00 at your local DMV Office)
- No more than two moving violations in the last 36 months
- Pass a D.O.T. physical exam
- You'll need to be a minimum of 21 years old if you intend to: 1. Drive across state lines.
2. Transport HAZMAT materials.